School Counselor - Leslie Kornblith
Academic Advisor - Don Hale
St. Francis School stands as an independent, interdenominational school providing high-quality education for children from kindergarten through 8th grade. The School Counselor and the Academic Advisor directly support the following school philosophies:
- Sustain a nurturing and caring environment that draws together children, parents, and teachers.
- Meet the unique needs of any student through personal attention.
- Instill a sense of responsibility and self-esteem as an integral part of every child’s development.
- Encourage the student’s personal development in an atmosphere that is comfortable for children and parents of all faiths.
- Use a curriculum designed for the advanced student, while recognizing individual variation and supporting achievement according to ability.
- Emphasize and utilize parental involvement as a necessary element of children’s education.
The School Counselor supports students by:
- Providing regular classroom lessons for PK-4th grade students and topics as needed for 5th-8th.
- Meet with students individually or as small groups to promote learning and understanding of self and others.
- Coordinate with teachers and parents to promote emotional well-being.
- Help students to foster healthy friendships and succeed in school.
The Academic Advisor will support students struggling academically by:
- Co-creating academic and life goals with students.
- Inspiring and motivating students through definitive and measurable action plans.
- Facilitate positive, creative, and productive interactions between St. Francis students, teachers, and parents.
- Providing transitional support for new student entering St. Francis and also for 8th graders departing St. Francis entering high school.
Want more information? Email Leslie or Don at the addresses above.