School Counselor - Leslie Kornblith
Academic Advisor - Don Hale
St. Francis School stands as an independent, interdenominational school providing high-quality education for children from pre-kindergarten through 8th grade. The School Counselor and the Academic Advisor directly support the following school philosophies:
- Sustain a nurturing and caring environment that draws together children, parents, and teachers.
- Meet the unique needs of any student through personal attention.
- Instill a sense of responsibility and self-esteem as an integral part of every child’s development.
- Encourage the student’s personal development in an atmosphere that is comfortable for children and parents of all faiths.
- Use a curriculum designed for the advanced student, while recognizing individual variation and supporting achievement according to ability.
- Emphasize and utilize parental involvement as a necessary element of children’s education.
The School Counselor supports students by:
- Providing regular classroom lessons for PK-4th grade students and topics as needed for 5th-8th.
- Meet with students individually or as small groups to promote learning and understanding of self and others.
- Coordinate with teachers and parents to promote emotional well-being.
- Help students to foster healthy friendships and succeed in school.
The Academic Advisor will support students struggling academically by:
- Co-creating academic and life goals with students.
- Inspiring and motivating students through definitive and measurable action plans.
- Facilitate positive, creative, and productive interactions between St. Francis students, teachers, and parents.
- Providing transitional support for new students entering St. Francis and also for 8th graders departing St. Francis entering and high school.